Digital Asset Management (DAM) refers to the strategy & management tasks needed for ingestion, annotation, cataloguing, storage, retrieval and distribution of digital assets in various formats like text, video, audio and other. HYPERTECH's main focus in the DAM domain is in the so called e-Culture.
Culture has long been recognised as an essential element of mutual understanding and dialogue between people of different nations and proves to be a key element in defining mutual perceptions all over Europe and worldwide. For this reason, the preservation and enhancement of cultural heritage has become a priority area for the EU as well as for governments and individual organizations all over the world.
HYPERTECH has early realised the importance of efficient management of digitized cultural and archival content for the survival and propagation of its cultural and historical value. Hence, HYPERTECH answers to this demand by providing integrated solutions for the preservation, organisation and promotion of cultural and historical heritage, including:
- Digitisation and scientific documentation services
- Digital asset storage & retrieval
- Linked open data management
- Advanced application services for the promotion and dissemination of collections and archives
HYPERTECH’s e-Culture solutions apply to:
- Museums and cultural institutions
- Owners of historical and audiovisual archives
- Public and private libraries
- Publishers and media groups
- Public and private organisations
HyperAsset, a DAM software provided by HYPERTECH, lies in the core of this architecture. HyperAsset allows for the effective management of scientific documentation of collections and archives and its corresponding digitised content.
HyperAsset provides the necessary infrastructure that enables the delivery of plethora of applications and services for the promotion and dissemination of cultural and historical heritage, such as:
- Web portals
- Mobile applications serving as indoor or outdoor multimedia guides
- 3D animation applications for stereoscopic screenings
- Virtual tours and serious games
- Interactive digital signage with touch screen displays
Indicative recent and ongoing successful cases include, among others, the following:
- Virtual guide in Byzantine architecture: The "Agia Sophia" monument of the cultural heritage, for the Foundation of the Hellenic World
- Creation of a public digital library of historical school textbooks, for the Institute of Educational Policy
- Integrated promotion and dissemination services of the cultural heritage of the State Museum of Contemporary Art
For every organisation seeking for efficient ways to preserve and promote cultural collections and historical archives, HYPERTECH’s integrated digital culture solutions is the ideal and tested choice .